Return & Cancellation Policies
Opened Items - Defective Items Only:
Gourmet Nuts & Dried Fruit will pay for all standard shipping costs, charge no restocking fee and accept all returned items when the return is a result of our error. This includes:
- Defective items: stale, rancid or bad product
- Wrong product(s) received in an order
- Wrong amount of product shipped
Any opened item return requires proof of purchase.
Any item missing from an order must be reported to the company within 5 days of tracked receipt of shipment.
The return process for unopened items must be initiated within 7 days of tracked receipt of shipment and will receive a 100% refund or exchange. The determination of a refund or exchange will be made by Gourmet Nuts & Dried Fruit on a case-by-case basis.
Depending on the amount of unopened product being returned, there may be shipping or restocking fees:
- 1 lb return shipping will be charged unless defective item
- 5 lbs return shipping will be charged and 5% restock fee will be charged, unless defective item
- 10 lbs return shipping will be charged and 5% restock fee will be charged, unless defective item
- 25 lbs or more return shipping will be charged and 5% restock fee will be charged, unless defective item
Why we do not offer free returns on all items
To ensure the highest quality products for you. At Gourmet Nuts & Dried Fruit, our products go through a rigorous triple check process before they are shipped, assuring consistency and reliability of your order’s contents.
The packing and shipment of food products requires extra attention and meeting specific regulations when it comes to cleanliness and sanitization from the initial picking of items, packing products, and preparing them for shipment. We guarantee that every shipment leaving our facilities exceeds the required government regulations for food products.
We will not accept shipment returned once opened, unless rancid or defective product. The only exception to this is if you have received a defective item as stated above.
Order Cancellation Policy
How to Cancel an Order
Once an order is placed, we make every effort to have it picked, packed, and ready for delivery the same day, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. Due to this, to cancel an order, the following policies apply:
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm: You must contact us the same day you placed the order by 5:00pm EST to cancel an order.
- Evenings & Weekends: Anytime outside of our business hours, you must contact us by 11am on the next business day to cancel an order.
What if I Cancel the Order Too Late?
We do not guarantee the processing of any cancellations that are not received in the stated timeframes above.
If you attempt to cancel an order outside of the stated timeframes above and the order has been picked, packed, and is ready for delivery and has not left our facility, there will be a restocking fee determined by Gourmet Nuts & Dried Fruit based on the order contents and quantities.
If you attempt to cancel an order outside of the stated timeframes above and the order has left our facility to be delivered, it can no longer be cancelled.
How Refunds are Processed for Cancelled Orders
- Online orders will be refunded via electronic credit. The amount of time to receive the refund is dependent on the financial institutions involved. We do not guarantee specific time frames for refunds.
- Check orders will be refunded via check within 30 days.
Lost or Damaged Product Shipment Policy
- Lost or damaged items during shipping will be handled through a claim in accordance with shipping carrier’s policy.
- Packages reported as delivered by the shipping company that are being disputed as such by the recipient will be treated as a dispute between the shipping company and the recipient.
- We will only reship in cases in which the shipping carrier compensates.
Storing Our Products for Best Quality
Get the best long-term storage from our products by following these instructions.
- Dried Fruit:
- Store in an airtight container in a room temperature setting for high quality for up to 8 months from receiving the product.
- Nuts and Seeds:
- Store in an airtight container in a room temperature setting for high quality for up to 6 months from receiving the product.
- Store in an airtight container in a freezer to extent the freshness for up to 10 months from receiving the product.
How to Contact Us
If there is a problem with the product you received, you need to cancel an order, there was an issue with shipment or general product and ordering questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-585-7042.